The Spiritans are a registered charity no 227350 (England and Wales) and SCO 11294 (Scotland). We are dependent upon the gifts and generosity of benefactors to fulfil our work both in the UK and overseas.
Become a supporter of the works and mission of the Spiritans (Congregation of the Holy Spirit) both in the UK and overseas.
At present we have special need for help:
- to assist the Spiritans’ on-going development work in many parts of the world.
- to continue our ongoing formation and education of Spiritans at home and overseas.
- to continue our education, training and evangelisation work in developing parts of the world.
- to continue our youth mission and youth evangelisation projects in the UK.
- to support people who are refugees or are seeking asylum from persecution, injustice and warfare.
If you are in a position to donate or would like to remember our mission in your will, we would be most grateful. We work on the ground where the reality is evident and the needs are acute.
- To ensure that your intentions are honoured.
- To keep you in our special prayers, offering a monthly Mass for your intentions as one of our benefactors.
Ways of Giving Your Support
Your fervent prayers invoke God’s grace and blessing on Spiritan missionaries everywhere, especially those working in challenging, life and faith threatening situations and missions.
Your prayers for the continued outpouring of the Holy Spirit on us Spiritans empower and inspire us to continue our missionary work with a special focus on helping those most disadvantaged and among those who do not know to the Good News (evangelisation) following the example and missionary vision of our founders Claude Poullart Des Places and Francis Mary Paul Libermann.
It has been found that more people like to make a donation by using JustGiving so please use our JustGiving page by pressing the button below.
You can also click on the Donate icon below for a SAFE and SECURE online donation.
The most effective way of fundraising is to set up your own online JustGiving page so please click on the following button to get started.
To make a gift by telephone, please call: 0124 434 4048, Monday to Friday between 10.00am to 3.00pm, with your bank payment details.
To mail your gift, please include your name, address and telephone number along with your bank payment details, cheques or money order. Gifts may be mailed to:
60 Hoole Road,
Chester, CH2 3NL
All donations can be Gift Aided by UK tax payers. Gift Aid allows charities to receive an extra 25p for every £1 you give, at no extra cost to you.
For donations sent through the post, you will receive a confirmation letter from the Spiritans thanking you for your donation.
Gifts in Wills and Legacies
Gifts in Wills are extremely important in helping us carry on our missionary work.
By leaving a gift in your Will to the Spiritans (Holy Ghost Fathers), you help in this mission work and help to make a lasting difference.
How do I leave a gift in my Will to the Spiritans (Holy Ghost Fathers)?
Three main ways you can leave money to a charity:
- You can leave a ‘Residuary’ gift which is the remainder after all other gifts and debts have been paid. This ensures that your family and others, who are the main beneficiaries, are catered for first and what is left over can then be donated to charity.
- You can leave a cash lump sum (a pecuniary gift?).
- You can leave a specific piece of property.
Many benefactors prefer to leave a ‘Residuary’ gift in their Will.
Whatever option you choose, if you wish to leave a legacy to the Spiritans (Holy Ghost Fathers) then ask a solicitor for assistance and advice.